We are please to announce that the Kilimanjaro mountain bike trail itinerary is our new service for summiting Mt Kilimanjaro. The Kilema route is the only route that you can reach to the summit by mountain bike. Our experienced guides have done a sufficient number of successful bike trails to summit of Mt Kilimanjaro at 5895 meters above sea level.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit - this mountain bike trail takes 5 days with adequate acclimatization. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Morum Picnic Site then back to Morum (a 44km ride)
The Kilema Mt bike trail runs parallel with the Marangu route. The Kilema route is mainly used as an access road by vehicles to bring supplies to the Horombo hut and to evacuate medical emergencies from Horombo hut. The route from Kilema gate to Horombo hut is a 4 x 4 gravel road, which is usually in a fair condition.
The Kilema route with first night at the Kilema camp option is shorter, less strenuous and involves more mountain-biking compared to the Kilema route option with the first night at Mandara hut. However, it is more expensive as the first night is spend camping in tents and the rest of the nights are spend in the Marangu route’s A-frame huts.
The Kilema Mt bike summit trail itinerary:
Day 1 | Marangu/Kilema Gate – Horombo Hut
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then drive back to your Hotel.
VALID FOR 2021-2022
Kilimanjaro Bike trek price includes:
• Two nights accommodation at Hotel in Moshi ( before and after the climb) including breakfast.
• Mountain Bike and Mountain Guide
• Arrival and Departure transfers from airport
• Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route)
• Professional and experienced mountain guides
• All Park fees
• Rescue Fees
• All meals on the Mountain ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
• Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• Clean, purified drinking water
• Crisis management and safety procedures
• Boiled water on the mountain
• Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
Price does not include:
I started out my passion for sharing the Natural wonders of Tanzania with the world which drove me to do intense research, and gave me the impetus to turn hard work and inspiration into to a successful and reputable Kilimanjaro adventure company and are thrilled to be a part of the expanding wing of the tourism industry of Tanzania.