National Parks and Crater which we operate in
Serengeti National Park
- Size: 14,750 sq km (5,700 sq mi)
- Distance from Moshi: Approximately 330 km (205 mi) west
- Description: One of the most famous national parks in Africa, Serengeti is known for its vast plains, stunning wildlife sightings, and the annual wildebeest migration. Visitors can witness predators like lions and cheetahs hunting prey, as well as spot elephants, giraffes, and hippos. The park is also home to a range of bird species.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Size: 8,300 sq km (3,202 sq mi)
- Distance from Moshi: Approximately 180 km (112 mi) southwest
- Description: The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that encompasses the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest unbroken caldera in the world. The crater is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including the Big Five (elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes, and rhinos), as well as flamingos and other bird species. Visitors can also enjoy cultural tours to nearby Maasai villages.
Tarangire National Park
- Size: 2,850 sq km (1,100 sq mi)
- Distance from Moshi: Approximately 200 km (124 mi) southwest
- Description: Named after the Tarangire River, which runs through the park and is a lifeline for wildlife during the dry season, Tarangire National Park is known for its large population of elephants and baobab trees. The park is also home to lions, leopards, cheetahs, and a variety of bird species.
Lake Manyara National Park
- Size: 330 sq km (127 sq mi)
- Distance from Moshi: Approximately 135 km (84 mi) southwest
- Description: Lake Manyara National Park is named after the shallow alkaline lake that dominates much of its area. The park is known for its tree-climbing lions, large herds of elephants, and diverse birdlife. Visitors can also enjoy walking safaris, canoeing, and cultural tours to nearby Maasai villages.
Arusha National Park
- Size: 137 sq km (52.9 sq mi)
- Distance from Moshi: Approximately 60 km (37 mi) northeast
- Description: Located at the base of Mount Meru, Arusha National Park is a small but beautiful park with a diverse range of landscapes, including lush forests, sparkling lakes, and the rugged slopes of Mount Meru itself. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, and a range of primates.